Been a while since I posted a new dress, huh? Here’s one that’s been waiting patiently in pieces for ages:
This is in some black bandana print so old that I can’t remember when or where I bought it. It is not great fabric — it’s pretty stiff and there were plenty of print faults and slubs. Not sure why I was all excited about sewing with it, but I think playing with the print motifs was part of it:
Here’s a closer look at the bodice matching:
Here’s the back — I was really interested in having the back bodice look as much like a standalone bandana as possible:
Matched the motif across the skirt panels too (this is the altered Burdastyle Heidi skirt, again again again, I really should do a separate post detailing all the changes I’ve put it through):
And the piped pocket and zipper:
I bought a bunch of invisible zippers with very lightweight, almost knit tapes in Vancouver and they’re a bit trickier to sew with than I thought. As in, I’ve already broken two of them. I’m hoping it’s more “practice makes perfect” and not “you bought a bunch of lemons”. This one went it more or less okay, though. (Fingers crossed.)
I still have some yet to make up, probably the last piece of my epic 2008 Japan fabric binge.
(If you like odd bandanas you will almost certainly like the .)
Oh, and if you missed it, I wrote about ! Very exciting, I know.