Remember way back when, last year, when I posted about this fabulous new BurdaStyle pattern I'd found, ? I made three of them in quick succession and promised you pictures.
I finally got a battery charger for my camera (and then immediately found mine, in the last box unpacked after the move, isn't that always the way?) and so here is my first Heidi attempt:
Notice how deep the neckline is? Yeah, me too. So I wear a long-sleeved black tee under this one. After this one I altered the pattern to not be as wide and deep, and I still have more of this fabric (glad I bought a ton of it, I love it and it's now sold out!) so I'm probably going to re-make the bodice. It goes together quickly (despite being lined) so that won't be the arduous slog it would usually be.
Oh, and I changed the tucks in the original pattern bodice to darts.
And look! It has pockets!
The original pattern had very shallow pockets, but I deepened them by about three inches, which seems to work just fine. They go together very easily.
Here's the back:
For some reason it was really hard to take sharp pictures of this particular print … I wonder why? And I'm sorry it looks so baggy — I adjusted my dress form WAY down to take some pictures of some smaller dresses with a friend, and she's still not back to her usual fighting form. The dress itself is fairly fitted.
As you can see, I didn't even bother to try to match the print. It's giant scribbles!
Next week I'll show the other two versions!
(Sorry, I don't know where this week went. Okay, I do know — it was trapped in busyland, with two writing deadlines, a couple of big meetings, and torrential California rain which caused minor flooding in our garage [WHICH IS STILL BETTER THAN SNOW!]. Next week, well, it doesn't look better, busy-wise, but it doesn't look like I need to start cadging ProVigil, either.)