For no real reason, here are two corduroy dresses:
This dress is a Simplicity 5232; here’s a better look at the bodice:
It’s Liberty, of course, but I don’t remember the name of the pattern. (I really have to get better about that … of course, my purchase predated Pinterest, which I now use as a fabric catalog.) Here’s the previous post about it.
I didn’t do the neck button/buttonhole; I knew I’d never button it up that high, since the fabric is so thick (choking … can’t breathe …):
Here’s the other corduroy dress, also Liberty (this print is called “Robin”), a Vogue 9929:
The side zip (and pocket, which you can’t see):
I made the pockets in this one in a fabric that is just too lightweight, and the contrast between the too fabrics is a bit too harsh, and has led to some stress fraying at the seam. I’ve had to fix it twice. Not great.
The bias trim on the neckline (my favorite part):
And the back:
I was going to add one more corduroy dress to this post, but it was so darn hot when I was pressing them for photos that I just couldn’t bear it. So here’s the link to it, just in case you’re curious.