I actually made this several weeks ago (in fact, it was the dress being made in ) but I wasn't able to get the traditional in-my-back-yard picture until this past weekend. So here it is!
This is the first silk one I've made, and, thanks to Sullivan's silk stabilizer spray, it wasn't too messy. I changed it to add the back neck band, and I lengthened the ties to wrap to the front, which I prefer, not least because I have a hard time untying the ones that go behind the back!
The body fabric is fabric I bought nearly a year ago in Beijing, and the contrast is fabric I picked up at the local Vogue Fabrics in Evanston. I bought it on pure hope, without having a swatch of the floral with me, and when I got home and found out that it matched PERFECTLY, I jumped up and down for joy. Quite literally. Here, check it out:
I thought I would never get the blacks in the same tone AND that greeny-gray-tealish color to match. But hey. Sometimes the universe wants you to have another Duro dress!
This silk version is incredibly comfortable — even more so than the cotton ones. I've worn it twice so far on very hot days and it's held up beautifully. Also, since I prewashed the silk on a very rough setting, I can just throw this in the washing machine. If I hang it up while still damp it doesn't even need ironing.
Needless to say, I'm planning a couple more silk Duros. It's worth the extra aggro when putting them together.
Here's the back view:
And yes, I do realize that all the T's are facing right-way-up except the midriff band. I meant to do that! Mostly.